BMW Motorcycles Built to Meet your Need.
MAX BMW Motorcycles offers custom tuning by appointment at all of our locations. We install performance parts and perform ECU upgrades using model-specific tunes developed and tested on our in-house dyno, on the road and on the track
Planning your epic ride of a lifetime? MAX BMW Motorcycles offers a special brand of touring motorcycle preparation. We work with you from start to finish and, if you want, you can work with us on the installations so you know your bike inside and out.
Choose your poison: road racing, vintage racing, rally/rally moto, endurance rally, hillclimb. If you compete using your motorcycle, MAX BMW Motorcycles can help you get the bike just the way you want it so you can focus on your objective: winning.
CONTACT US ABOUT YOUR SPECIAL PROJECT
Call or email the service department nearest you to discuss what you have in mind.
The Sandblast 2019 F850GS Rally Twins.
Team MAX returned to the Sandblast Rally in 2019, marking another successful appearance at the Rally that takes place the first weekend of March at the Sandhills State Forest and H. Cooper Black Recreation facility in Chesterfield Country, SC.
We prepared these bikes for weeks. Most of the work took place in North Hampton, NH where our General Manager, Joe Warner, lead our team on preparing a fleet of bikes including out R nineT Enduro, which made its debut at last year’s Sandblast, two modified F850GSs, affectionally known as “the twins”, and our trust and much loved HP2s.
Our North Hampton, NH team worked hard to create the Rally Twins; two modified 2019 F850GSs. These twins have gone through some big transformations in our hands to enhance their performance in the Sandblast environment. The Stage 2 build includes:
· New 21” and 18” wheels from Excel
· Michelin StarCross 5 Soft Terrain tires
· Remus race exhaust
· BMW GPS, Enduro roll chart
· Pivet pegs
· 30 pounds of excess weight removed from each bike
Our good friends and experienced riders, Bill Conger, Chris “Teach” McNeil, and Gordon Mullavey joined Team MAX for the Sandblast on the Rally Twins. Bill Conger and Chris McNeil rode the F850GS twins and Gordon Mullavey rode our R nineT Enduro which made its debut at the 2018 Sandblast Rally.
After a great day of racing, Gordon took 4th in the Heavy Class, Bill took home 2nd place in the Heavy Class and 3rd place overall, and Chris took 1st in the Heavy Class and 2nd overall.
MAX BMW’s R nineT Enduro.
One of our favorite builds of all time, the R nineT Enduro. The bike debut at the 2018 Sandblast Rally. In 2019 we prepared the R nineT Enduro with our Stage 3 Package:
· Full off-road suspension
· Excel 21" and 18" wheels
· Lengthened swing arm
· Enduro Pegs and Peg mounts
· Enduro bars
· Enduro Bench seat
· Modified brake and shift lever
Stage 1 Engine:
· ECU Performance Tuning
· Ackro Race header and high pipe
YEAR/MAKE/MODEL: 2015 BMW R nineT ENGINE: Air-cooled, 1170cc flat-twin FUELING: OEM w/MAX Motorsports tune EXHAUST: Akrapovic header, high-mount black-titanium muffler TRANSMISSION: 6-speed FRAME: Steel tube, modified rear section to allow long-travel suspension FUEL TANK: 5-gallon aluminum HANDLEBARS: BMW HP2 aluminum GRIPS:Factory heated grips SEAT: BMW R nineT Scrambler Urban seat FORKS: Showa WHEELS: Haan/Woody’s hubs w/Excel rims TIRES:Michelin S12XC 90/90R21, 140/80R18R BRAKES: Galfer rotors w/EBC HH pads HEADLIGHT: Motodemic Adaptive LED TAILLIGHT:BMW G450X
Read More here:
Fully Restored 1967 BMW R60/2.
This /2 went through a full mechanical restoration including a fully rebuilt engine, transmission, and final drive. It also went through a full cosmetic restoration complete with custom Catalano gray paint and pin-striping by hand, all completed at the MAX BMW Brookfield, CT shop.
A Ride through BMW History.
This all original 1989 BMW R100GS was purchased with just over 690 miles, then completely mechanically overhauled by MAX BMW.
This 1989 was purchased from the estate of the original owner in May of 2019 by MAX BMW. The bike was parked at 690 miles and sat in a temperature-controlled garage and sat for over 10 years untouched.
The paint on this classic is original and cleaned. Some minor scratches/imperfections here and there, but the bike presents very well and looks very sharp. This is a one of a kind bike!
Additionally, the bike has been completely disassembled and refurbished mechanically and thoroughly cleaned upon reassembly.
The work performed on the bike included:
- New battery
- Front cover reseal
- Top end reseal including new head and base gaskets, valve cover gaskets and pushrod tube seals
- Rear main seal replaced
- Gearbox resealed and shift lever replaced
- Final drive resealed with fresh fluid
- Front forks replaced and rebuilt. Forks were replaced due to pitting along the chrome tubes. New seals and gasket rings as well as new
progressive springs with BMW fork oil.
- Brake lines replaced and upgraded with Spiegler SS lines.
- Brake fluid, gear oil, engine oil and filter, as well as oil cooler gaskets were all replaced.
- New air filter installed
- New period correct tires installed, Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara.
- Both carburetors rebuilt with all new gaskets, floats, pins, needles and springs.
- All fuel lines replaced along with fuel filters.
- Brake calipers disassembled and rebuilt with new pins, pistons, and dust cap.
- Ignition system overhauled with new spark plugs, plug wires, coil.
- New BMW mirrors installed.
- New BMW valve covers installed.